3 – 5 YEARS
Exceptional Pre-School Education for Qualified Families
CPH are proud partners with the School District of Philadelphia and provided Pre-K Counts programming in both of their locations.
These programs are offered pending on available funding and are available to preschool age children only; children must be three (3) years old and not have turned five years old prior to September 1st to be eligible to apply and reside in the City of Philadelphia.
- Pre-K Counts families may apply in the center or directly at the Philadelphia School District Office of Early Childhood.
- Children and families are determined eligible for PA Pre-K Counts based on the maximum allowable income for PA Pre-K Counts income eligibility and the following verified information:
› Child’s date of birth
› Family address
› Family size
› Family’s total annual gross income
› Family risk factors
The maximum allowable income, determined by the Poverty Guideline and issued each January in the Federal Register by the Department of Health and Human Services, is available online at www.hhs.gov. As a guide, the below chart shows the 2020 Poverty Guideline for the 48 contiguous states and D.C. and the maximum allowable income for PA Pre-K Counts income eligibility. 2021 updated income guidelines can be found here.
The selection process for Pre-K Counts is as follows:
- Child must be three (3) years old and not yet be 5 years old by September 1st
- Family Must reside in Philadelphia
- Family Must meet income guidelines
- Risk Factors