Come Learn About Children’s Playhouse Whitman!
Children’s Playhouse Whitman was founded in 2014 and is a highly qualified accredited early learning program located on Marshall Street (Porter) and has an alliance with Whitman Council Neighborhood Association.
CPH Whitman partners with the School District of Philadelphia offering Head Start and Pre-K Counts programming to students that are three to five years old; partners with the Mayor’s Office of Education, PHLprek Programming, Office of Child Development offering Infant Contracted Slots (ITCS) to eligible infant and toddler families, CCW-Subsidy accepted site, and private pay tuition.
Whitman currently has the following classrooms:
- One Infant Classroom ( six weeks through 18 months old) with a capacity of eight infants and three teachers.
- Two mixed-age toddler classrooms (19 months through 36 months) with one classroom capacity of 10 children with three teachers, and the other classroom capacity at 12 children with three teachers.
- Six Preschool Classrooms with a capacity of 20 students and two teachers in each.
- We also offer before care, aftercare, and summer camp programming to students that are three years old through 12 years.
Whitman location highlights:
- On-site outdoor garden
- Indoor play space
- Free meals (breakfast, lunch, and supper) from a state-sponsored food program
- Low teacher / child ratios
- High qualified teachers with degrees in Early Childhood Education
- Family advocate/social worker on site
- Music with Mr. Robb for all students
- Art with Ms. Pauline for all students
2021 Teachers of the Year
CONGRATULATIONS 2021 Whitman Teachers of the Year recipients: Ms. Ghealze Bernstein and Ms. Stephanie Rios!