Come Learn About Children’s Playhouse Newbold!
Children’s Playhouse Newbold was founded in 2017 and is a highly qualified accredited early learning program located on West Passyunk Avenue and has an alliance with Newbold Neighborhood Association.
CPH Newbold partners with the School District of Philadelphia offering Head Start and Pre-K Counts programming to students that are three to five year olds; partners with the Mayor’s Office of Education, PHLprek Programming, Office of Child Development offering Infant Contracted Slots (ITCS) to eligible infant and toddler families, CCW-Subsidy accepted site, and private pay tuition.
Newbold currently has the following classrooms:
- One Infant Classroom (six weeks through 18 months old) with a capacity of 12 infants and three teachers.
- Two mixed-age toddler classrooms (19 months through 36 months) with one classroom capacity of 10 children with three teachers, and the other classroom capacity at 12 children with three teachers.
- Four Preschool Classrooms with a capacity of 20 students and two teachers in each.
- We also offer before care, after care, and summer camp programming to students who are three year old through age 12.
Newbold location highlights:
- On-site playground
- Free meals (breakfast, lunch, and supper) from a state-sponsored food program
- Low teacher / child ratios
- High qualified teachers with degrees in Early Childhood Education
- Family advocate/social worker on site
- Music with Mr. Robb for all students
- Art with Ms. Pauline for all students
Meet Our 2022-23 Teachers
Our incredible team at Children’s Playhouse Newbold is excited to welcome your families to our school for the 2022-23 school year!
2021 Teachers of the Year
CONGRATULATIONS 2021 Newbold Teacher’s of the Year recipients: Ms. Earlene Pine and Ms. Aliya Crittenton-Harps!