The Children's Playhouse Early Learning
Phone: 215-372-7050 Fax#: 215-309-3370
2501-15 South Marshall St, Philadelphia, PA 19148
Pre-K Counts (3-5yrs)
Accepting applications for 2017-2018 School Year
The Children's Playhouse Pre-K Counts program is part of a statewide initiative to provide a high-quality preschool experience free of charge for children of qualifying families.
This preschool program provides full funding for each enrolled children from a financially eligible family. Please contact the center for information on how to enroll and the income guidelines in order to be determine if your family income meets requirements for this program.
Pre-K Counts is designed to assist children who may be considered "at risk" because of the family economic, language, cultural or other circumstances which may prevent the child from developing the skills necessary to enter kindergarten ready to learn. Children of qualifying families will attend full-time preschool five days per week. Funding includes both breakfast and lunch and any other costs associated with the educational program; there is no fee to parents for this program.
About Our Pre-K Counts Classrooms:
- Led by highly qualified, certified teachers with the education and expertise to teach young children
- Small class sizes- no more than 20 full-time students
- Use a curriculum aligned with the Pennsylvania Early Learning standards
- Full of opportunities for children to explore, discover and create –learning actively
- Include parents in regular observation and assessment of children’s progress and development
- Build the knowledge and skills required to enter Kindergarten
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world" ~Nelson Mandela~