Dear Families and Friends!
We are pleased to announce that we have purchased HEPA Air Purifier and Air Sanitizer units to safely clean indoor air and a unit will be installed in each classroom throughout both schools!
Below is some additional information on the units:
BioGS HEPA Filter vs. typical True HEPA Filter
Typical True HEPA filter:
• Traps allergen and particles 0.3 microns in size at 99.97% efficiency and over 99% efficiency for particles less than 0.1 microns
BioGS HEPA Filter:
• Traps allergen and particles 0.3 microns in size at 99.97% efficiency and over 99% efficiency for particles less than 0.1 microns**
• Reduces buildup of common allergens including dust mites, mold, pollen and pet dander* trapped on the filter
• Reduces the growth of bacteria and viruses on the filter***
• Prolongs optimal filter efficiency
*Test samples: mite allergen (Der f2), cedar pollen allergen (Cry j1), 4 types of mixed spores (Aspergillus niger, Penicillium citrinum, Chaetomium globosum, Myrothecium verrucaria), Cat allergen (fel d1)
** Test data shows our HEPA filter (brand new or like-new) can trap particles 0.3 microns in size at 99.97% efficiency. Research data shows True HEPA filters can trap particles less than 0.1 microns in size at higher than 99% efficiency. For more info, see "Guidance for Filtration and Air-Cleaning Systems to Protect Building Environments from Airborne Chemical, Biological, or Radiological Attacks" by Department of Health and Human Services, pp. 11–12, or visit Rabbit Air’s website for details.
***Test samples: type A influenza virus(H1N1), Escherichia Coli, Staphyllococcus aureus